Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Right Wrist Surgery

Well, I've just spent the last four weeks in physical therapy for my wrist pain and it hasn't gotten any better. It actually got worse...especially my grip strength. It went from 62lbs to 50 lbs. So, I went for a follow up appointment with Dr. Dunn (the orthopaedic surgeon) today and since all treatments that we've tried thus far have failed, we are going to do an arthroscopy. It will be either 7/9/08 or 7/11/08 depending on where the surgery is going to be held. Dr. Dunn wants to have it at Premier surgery center because all of the equipment he needs for this surgery is there, but he is not sure if my insurance will cover having the surgery there. So, if my insurance won't cover the insurance at premier, I will be having surgery on the 11th at the hospital. He said if that's the case, he will just have to go and borrow the equipment since the hospital doesn't have all the equipment he needs. Apparently they don't perform too many wrist arthroscopies at the hospital. I'm kind of hesitant to have this procedure done because he says there is only a 70% chance that I will get better, and that is only if he finds something wrong when he gets in there! Let's all just hope that he figures out why my wrist has been hurting so badly since February and fixes it!!! I'm tired of being in pain!!!
Enough about me...This weekend is the last weekend of summer baseball!! Hallelujah!!!!! That means Brady and I will get to see more of Chris! We have missed him greatly over the last few months. Baseball has kept him very busy! He has been working at Skippers every Wednesday trying to bring a little cash! So far, he's been doing a great job and loves it!!
Brady is steadily trying to walk. He is getting better every day with his balance and will take a step or two here and there, but has yet to take off running! We think he is finally getting a few more teeth. We just hope and pray that it won't be too painful for any of us! We can hardly believe that in less that a month, Brady will be 1 year old. My, how time flies!!! He has changed so much since the day he was born!
Well, no other news from this way. Will keep everyone posted on surgery schedule as I know more!!

No comments: